Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Mission Statement or at least what I wish to accomplish here.

This is where it begins and hopefully where it doesn't end; the beginning of my own little comic book (and maybe other things) review (and maybe other things) blog. So what am I hoping to accomplish here? This is the place where I want to do whatever I want to. Which is mostly reviews.

This isn't a place where I'm looking to write about myself; I'm a boring fat white guy. I wouldn't want to read about me, so why would I write about me? Though I guess I'm writing about me right now, so perhaps I've already failed. Okay, so after this post is up I will no longer write about myself. Anyways I'm getting off track here.

I started my reviewing "career" on the now defunct "Independent Comics Site" and it's successor "The Coreburner". I mostly did comic book reviews, though I also reviewed episodes of "Reaper" and "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" for the TV section. Still, at the end of the day, I was doing a job that I wasn't getting paid for. In fact, I was working a (loosely) scheduled job providing content for something that ultimately wasn't for me and not getting paid for it. I didn't mind, but by the end of my time there I had lost the fire that once consumed me and made me write at least two or three of my little reviews a week.

That's why I'm doing this now; there I was doing my work for the guy running that place. I don't want to do that anymore. The only boss I have here is me and I'm doing what I want with this thing. It's not about page views, it's not about schedules, it's about me writing the reviews my way for me and anybody who will do me the honor of reading said reviews. As long as I meet my demands, I'm happy with this. As long as I can do my little reviews, I'm happy with myself. That's my mission statement: do what I want, when I want, for me, by me. As long as I can do that, I think I can be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment